Improve your chances of gaining employment with our FREE programme!

Are you looking for an Apprenticeship? Have you been applying but not yet secured yourself a role? Why not enrol on our FREE Pre-Apprenticeship Programme and improve your chances of getting a job?

Improve your chances of gaining employment by enrolling on our intensive 5-day programme. We will support you to become employer ready and search for current live vacancies across all sectors.

Once you have completed the pre-apprenticeship programme, you will become part of a talent pool that will continue to support you to gain employment even after you have left the College.

The programme runs for 5 days and in that time you will:
• Achieve an Extended Award in Employability Skills
• Create a winning CV
• Optimise your potential: you will learn how to point out skills on application or at interview that you didn’t even know you had!
• Hear from an employer about what they are looking for at an interview
• Receive hints and tips for job searching, including where to look, how to apply and how to achieve success
• Link-up with your Learner Engagement Advisor that will be supporting you to secure an apprenticeship

IMPROVE your chances of getting a job, enrol now!

Nuneaton Campus: Monday 26 November – Friday 30 November

09.30-15.00

Call us today on 024 7624 3000 or email be@nwslc.ac.uk for more information on how to enrol!

Case Study

Michael is the newest apprentice to join the Business Engagement Team based at North Warwickshire and South Leicester College, where he is currently completing the new Level 3 Business Administrator Standard. Michael has previously completed an HNC in the built environment, so we spoke to him about his decision to move into a different area through the apprenticeship scheme.

Changing direction
“When doing my HNC, I really enjoyed the parts of it where I was using spreadsheets and more of the computer-based side of things. This made me think about maybe taking more of an administration route…”

Michael had previously worked in a school which he enjoyed so he decided to look at the education sector for inspiration.
“I saw the advert for the college and the role sounded really good. It included the usual administrative duties but also visiting employers and supporting learners to find their ideal apprenticeship… I had done my GCSE Maths here and liked the modern building and all the staff were supportive. So I applied”.

My role
Michael supports the Business Engagement Team with the learner recruitment process for apprenticeships.
“My role is great because every day is different. One day I can be out meeting employers and the next running assessment sessions. It’s not boring and not like more traditional business administration roles I had seen.”

Next Steps
Michael is confident that he will excel in his apprenticeship and hopefully secure a permanent job with the college. Alternatively, he feels confident that the new skills and experience he will gain will help him progress further in this sector.
“The apprenticeship has already helped me decide that I want to continue in the education sector and hopefully in this or a similar role”.

Please follow and like us: