Free online learning course helps West Midlands Police employee

West Midlands Police employee, Dan Eccleston, was bitten by the learning bug after completing an online course through the North Warwickshire and South Leicestershire College. Dan, who works as a digital services officer at Force HQ in Birmingham, started with a team-leading qualification and enjoyed it so much, he signed up for many more.

Dan has also benefited personally from an online course in mental health awareness that has helped him to gain an insight into his own issues with anxiety and OCD.

Dan, from Wolverhampton, said, “I am working on a customer service platform for West Midlands Police and although I am not a team leader, I thought the course would help prepare me if any progression opportunities arise in the future.

“I really liked being able to study in my own time and at my own pace. The online materials are easily accessible wherever I am. I even found myself logging in on the beach using my tablet when I was on holiday!

“The course materials are easy to follow and there is excellent support available from college tutors, without having to go into a classroom.

“The qualification in mental health was of particular interest to me and improved my self-awareness. Courses like these help people to be able to talk about any issues they are dealing with and break down taboos. I found out about the NHS services that are available in my area, so it was very helpful from that point of view. Taking this course has been very therapeutic for me.

“I have also recently taken a course in understanding autism to help me get to grips with the behaviour of a close family member.”

Dan found that he benefited both professionally and personally from his experience of distance learning. He has gained nationally-recognised qualifications with no fees to pay, as the courses are all supported by government funding.

Dan Eccleston

To find out more about our free online courses, get in touch today!

Email: distance.learning@nwhc.ac.uk

Phone number: 024 7624 3000

Please follow and like us: