Perfect your marketing strategy with our free design courses for small businesses.
Here at North Warwickshire and South Leicestershire College we have a great selection of free courses available to small businesses in the Leicester and Leicestershire area.
- Award in Digital Marketing
- Website Design
- Desktop Publishing (Graphic Design)
Designed to maximise your marketing impact, these courses will allow you to develop your creative tools to ensure you are reaching the right audiences, in the right way.
If you are a small business in the Leicester and Leicestershire area – these courses are free!
- Business with 250 or fewer employees located in the Leicester and Leicestershire Enterprise Partnership area
- Employees must be aged 19 or over, work for 16 hours per week and meet UK residency criteria.
Skills Support for the Workforce is a brand new scheme funded by the European Social Fund.
Award in Digital Marketing – starts Thursday 12 April 2018
Digital marketing is a key part of business but it can be a bit of a jungle out there… Throughout this programme, you will learn about the digital landscape and how to use the right tools to really enhance your marketing.
This course is accredited by the Chartered Institute of Marketing – the leading professional body for marketing training.
Unit 1: The digital landscape
- Understand the opportunities and challenges presented through the disruptive digital environment
- Assess the impact and influence of the dynamic digital environment
Unit 2: Digital toolkit
- Understand how key digital tools can support and enhance marketing
- Understand the relevance of digital platforms and channels in context
Unit 3: Digital in action
- Develop digital activities to support and enhance multichannel marketing
- Apply the key principles involved in monitoring and measuring digital marketing effectiveness
Entry requirements apply, click here to find out more.
Website Design – starts Wednesday 25 April 2018
Websites are an integral part to any business – the virtual shop window that is often the first port of call for your customers.
So how can you make your website enticing, engaging and most importantly – user friendly?
This course will take you through the basics of web design skills including:
Once your website is beginning to take shape you will learn how to take the perfect photograph.
Using advanced DSLR Cameras, we’ll teach you about lighting and composition and how to enhance and edit photos using Photoshop.
You’ll then choose your best shots to upload to your website image gallery.
At the end of this course you will walk away with a fully functioning website for your business!
Desktop Publishing (Graphic Design) Wednesday 9 May 2018
Create professional looking print documents for your business!
This course will cover basic skills in:
- Importing and editing images
- Inputting copy text
- Desktop publishing terminology
You will cover basic skills in Adobe Creative Suit (InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop) and relevant Microsoft packages including Word and Publisher.
At the end of this course, you will walk away with print ready posters, leaflets and booklets!