Here at North Warwickshire and South Leicestershire College, we have a number of free courses available for small businesses in the Warehousing and Logistics Sector.
Starting from various dates, training can be held in the workplace, or at our Training Centre in Hinckley.
If you are a small business in the Hinckley area – these courses are free!
- Business with 250 or fewer employees located in the Leicester and Leicestershire Enterprise Partnership area
- Employees must be aged 19 or over and meet UK residency criteria.
Warehousing and Storage Skills
Ideal for those currently working in a warehousing environment, this Level 2 qualification focuses on Health, Safety and Security and Developing Effective Working Relationships.
Optional units include:
- Operate Equipment to Perform Work Requirements
- Moving and/or Handling Goods
- Receive Goods
- Keep Work Areas Clean
- Keep Stock at Required Levels
- Processing Goods
Driving Goods Vehicles
Ideal for couriers and delivery drivers, this qualification covers either the:
- Certificate in Driving Goods Vehicles (Motor Cycle/Pedal Cycle)
- Certificate in Driving Goods Vehicles (Van)
- Certificate in Driving Goods Vehicles (Rigid Vehicle)
- Certificate in Driving Goods Vehicles (Articulated or Draw Bar Vehicle)
Ideal for those working as a traffic office clerk or transport manager this qualification covers:
- Health and safety
- Managing the traffic office
- Planning routes
- Customer service
- Vehicle tracking
- Post journey reporting
Level 1 IT courses also available
Learn more about Microsoft Office 2010 programs. Options include; word processing, spreadsheets, presentations or databases. Ideal for businesses wanting to fill skills gaps and improve efficiencies.
0116 264 3545