Here at North Warwickshire and South Leicestershire College, we have a number of free courses available for small businesses in the Construction Sector.
Designed to ensure your staff meet National Occupational Standards for the industry, they also allow access to relevant card schemes.
Starting from various dates, training can be held in the workplace, at our Construction Training Centre in Hinckley or at our facility in South Wigston.
If you are a small business in the Hinckley area – these courses are free!
- Business with 250 or fewer employees located in the Leicester and Leicestershire Enterprise Partnership area
- Employees must be aged 19 or over and meet UK residency criteria.
Skills Support for the Workforce is a brand new scheme funded by the European Social Fund. Click here to find out more: http://www.slcollege.ac.uk/article/view/freetraining
All courses result in Level 2 qualifications: equivalent to 4-5 GCSE grades A*-C.
Decorative Finishing and Industrial Painting
This course will ensure staff develop their maths skills for volumes and measurements, are able to plan effectively and work creatively. Specific modules covered include:
- Safe and efficient working practices
- Erect and dismantle equipment and platforms
- Preparation of surfaces
- Produce specialist decorative finishes
- Applying wallpapers to walls and ceilings
Certify that staff members have the skills and knowledge to meet national standards for bricklayers.
Examples of units covered include:
- Health, safety and welfare
- Productive working practices
- Moving, handling and storing resources
- Erecting and setting out masonry structures
- Conserving or restoring stonemasonry, brickwork or earthen structures
- Preparing and mixing lime mortars
- Erecting masonry cladding
- Erecting thin joint masonry structures
- Placing and finishing non-specialist concrete
- Maintaining slate and tile roofing
- Repairing and maintaining masonry structures
- Producing internal solid plastering finishes
- Applying solid render to background surfaces and producing finishes
- Installing drainage
The aim of this course is to certify that staff meet the national standards for wood occupations. Units covered include:
- Site carpentry
- Architectural joinery
- Structural post and beam carpentry
- Light structural timber framing
- Timber frame erection
- Timber decks and cladding
- Heritage site carpentry
- Heritage architectural joinery
- Heritage post and beam carpentry
Suitable for staff in a wide broad of roles in the Construction sector, mandatory units for this course include:
- Conforming to general safety in the workplace
- Conforming to efficient working practices in the workplace
- Moving and handling resources in the workplace
- Installing fitted furniture in the workplace
0116 264 3545