Welcome to Foundation Learning at South Leicestershire College.
Here at South Leicestershire College, we are committed to supporting students with special educational needs and or disabilities, helping them to succeed in a friendly and welcoming environment.
We offer personalised study programmes and support plans for students aged 16-24 years, helping them to develop a range of important social, academic and vocational skills, encouraging independent living and employability.
We pride ourselves in the support and encouragement provided to all of our students, helping them to grow in confidence and express their personality.
Why chose us?
- Tailored Study Programmes to meet the needs of each student
- A long track record of working with students with special educational needs and/or disabilities
- We help develop independent living and employability skills
- Support and encouragement for all students to grow in confidence and express their personality
- Dedicated support for dyslexia, literacy and numeracy
- Successful partnerships with local schools, special schools, social services and careers guidance services
We have robust progression paths available, ensuring students are clear on their options for their next steps. Students learn in a friendly environment and are taught in small group sizes to ensure individuals are fully supported.
FE choices is a unique Study Programme for students who are working at Level 1 and are unsure of the direction they wish to take. Delivered in encouraging taster sessions, students can pick and explore six subject areas based around their personal interests.
Successful completion of the FE Choice programme allows students to progress onto a full-time subject area at Level 1 or Level 2, an Apprenticeship, employment or voluntary work, or a Supported Internship.
Work experience is an important part of the Foundation Learning Study Programme. It helps to build students’ confidence in a workplace setting, develop new skills and helps them identify possible next steps after studying with us.
- Costa Coffee
- National Autistic Society
- New Look
- Red Cross
- Rainforest Reptiles
- BBC Radio Leicester
- Charity Organisations
- Busy Bugs Nursery
We are always available to talk, so please contact us if you would like to discuss any support needs or would like to find out more information: