South Leicestershire College offers a variety of Health & Social Care courses for people at all levels. You will learn all about the sector and gain the skills, knowledge, experience and qualifications you need to work in this industry.
Health and social care is a very rewarding career choice and developments in frontline health and social care mean there’s a demand for well-trained and multi-skilled people across a range of rewarding employment opportunities. Students may start off as care assistants and develop care pathways to become nurses, social workers, physiotherapists, counsellors, psychotherapists, paramedics or a range of other related occupations.
- Good communication skills to help with dealing with people from different backgrounds
- The ability to work successfully as part of a team in the busy health care profession
- Natural compassion and empathy to provide support to suffering patients
- A sense of humour to motivate patients suffering from challenging conditions
- Physical strength to move equipment and lift patients, stamina to endure long working hours
The health & social care sector employs around 2 million people in the UK, approximately 7% of the workforce with a typical salary after training of £22,000 – £45,000+. Many employees in this sector do gain additional qualifications, such as management diplomas or counselling and therapy qualifications, enabling them to make sideways as well as upwards moves.
Health & Social Care Courses at South Leicestershire College
You will benefit from our links with the local health and social care sector, and will have the opportunity to do work placements in local nursing homes, day centres, local authorities, hospitals and a range of other organisations.
Places available September 2016!
Secure your place today!Website Apply Now Enquire Now Virtual Tour