cips-courses-leicester

Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply: our story

Here at South Leicestershire College we offer fully accredited qualifications on behalf of the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS).

We spoke to Lauren and Chloe, who are currently studying their CIPS, to find out more about their experience:

Lauren Rojahn                                                           Chloe Muir
Age 23, from Leicestershire                                    Age 27 from Leicester
Working at Oadby Plastics                                      Working at ESPO
Studying the CIPS Level 5                                        Studying the CIPS Level 4 and 5

Both Lauren and Chloe work full-time and attend evening classes at South Leicestershire College.

Why did you choose this course?

Chloe: “I am employed by ESPO (part of Leicestershire County Council) and the CIPS courses have arisen as part of my professional development. South Leicestershire College offered courses conveniently close to both my employer and home address.”

Lauren: “The way in which the course is structured allows me to qualify as quickly as possible. The classes are flexible and it’s a globally recognised qualification.”

chartered-institute-procurement-supply
CIPS student Chloe

Best thing about the course?

Lauren: “I am gaining valuable knowledge from the course that I can then apply within my job role to improve and adapt processes within my organisation.”

Chloe: “The CIPS tutor has a wealth of procurement knowledge to help with my learning. He is also on hand by email or text should we have any urgent questions or need additional help leading up to exam times.”

“It is also a fantastic help to be in a class with other students and listen to their own personal experiences. For example, I have classmates in the private sector and it is interesting to understand how their procurement practices operate in comparison to that which I am used to in the public sector.”

chartered-institute-procurement-supply
CIPS student Lauren

Best thing about studying at the College?

Lauren: “The college is local and convenient, the facilities are modern and there is a secure car park. The lecturer is also very knowledgeable and supportive.”

What’s next?

Chloe: “I plan to complete level 6 at SLC and then, ultimately, become MCIPS qualified. This qualification will help me greatly with my career.”

Lauren: “I would like to become a MCIPS qualified buyer and for this to happen I need to complete level 6 at South Leicestershire College. This qualification will hopefully benefit my career in purchasing.”

Top tips

Chloe: “Create a study plan and where possible, study little and often! The amount of reading required from the CIPS materials can be somewhat daunting at the beginning of the module. However, if you create a plan at the beginning of your module you can easily break down the chapters and revision in plenty of time before your exam. For me personally, if I can do 20 minutes a day reading then I am sufficiently prepared leading up to my exam. It really helps with my nerves on exam day! I would also strongly suggest accessing the past papers available on the CIPS website for a flavour of the types of exam questions being asked within that module. SLC are very good in that they go through some past papers in the class, if you are struggling to look at these in your own time.”

Click here to discover more about the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply qualifications.

Apply today

Contact us today to find out more and to apply:

0116 264 3535
info@slcollege.ac.uk

Enquire now

Apply now

Please follow and like us: