Floristry courses in Leicester at South Leicestershire College could be perfect for you if you are creative, have a passion for flowers and are good with your hands!
Skills Required to become a Florist:
- Creativity and artistic flair
- Knowing about plants and flowers: what are their properties and what are their needs
- Ability to explain your ideas to customers
- Good practical skills
- Patience and a pleasant, tactful manner
- Ability to work out costs and manage money
- Ability to work under pressure
What will a Florist do?
- Design and assemble flower arrangements, often talking ideas through with their customers
- Design bouquets and wreaths of flowers
- Create special arrangements for different events and occasions like weddings
- Manage accounts and perform administrative tasks
Part-time Floristry Courses
Our part-time beginner’s course requires you to attend College at our South Wigston campus in Leicester one evening per week 6-8pm for 5 weeks. During the five weeks you will learn a variety of floristry work from funeral and wedding to floral arrangements and each week you will make a piece of work to take home. The cost of the course is £95 including all materials.
We are running three more courses during this academic year, course start dates are as follows:
Introduction to Floristry – 6th March 2017
Introduction to Floristry – 8th May 2017
Introduction to Floristry – 12th June 2017
If you would like further information regarding our Floristry courses please contact our customer service team on 0116 2643535 or click on the enquire now button below. If you would like to apply to attend either of the above courses, please apply online now.Enquire Now Apply Now