We recognise that some young people have had experiences that have impacted on their lives and made their education goals and life aspirations difficult to achieve.
The Student Experience Team at North Warwickshire & Hinckley College provides an extensive range of services and specialist support to young people experiencing short or long term difficulties including:
- One to one support outside the classroom
- Help to access financial support including bursary and discretionary funds, transport and equipment.
- Signposting and support with accommodation and benefits
- Relationships and sexual health services
- Support and referrals for drugs, alcohol, smoking and health & wellbeing
- Any other issues that may affect learning e.g. anger, behaviour, attendance
North Warwickshire and Hinckley College is a diverse and lively community filled with people of many different faiths or no faith. The role of the Chaplain and Chaplaincy Team is to pastorally care for staff and students, providing a non-judgmental listening ear for people of all faiths and none.
Throughout the year we run events and reflections where you can learn more about faiths and cultures different to your own. If there is a festival especially important to you, let the team know and they’ll do something to celebrate it.
There is a Prayer and Contemplation Room at the Nuneaton and Hinckley campuses where individuals or groups can worship; we have washing facilities and prayer mats available.
The Chaplaincy can be contacted from Monday to Friday on 024 7624 3355 or you can drop into Room 30 at the Nuneaton campus where the team offers non-judgmental pastoral support to students and staff regardless of belief.
Glebe House is a unique facility offering students additional facilities in a relaxed and friendly environment on our Nuneaton campus. We offer a range of services including:
- Breakfast Club Monday - Thursday (from 8.30am-9.30am)
- Shower and washing facilities
- Help to support independent living
- Laundry facilities
- Private and confidential appointments with a range of external specialist agencies
- Looked After Children and Care Leaver Support
- Support for Young Carers
- Support for Young Parents
Last updated: Monday 12th September 2016
Print this page