Advanced Learner Loans
Money worries don’t have to get in the way of achieving your goals and ambitions. Depending on the course you want to study, you may be eligible to fund your studies with an 19+ Advanced Learner Loan.
If you are aged 19 years and over and are looking to study a Level 3 or above Further Education course, you may be able to apply for a low-interest Advanced Learner Loan to cover the cost of tuition fee.
Advanced Learner Loans don’t depend on your income, there are no credit checks and you don’t need to repay anything until you are earning over £21,000 a year.
Courses we offer that you can fund with an 19+ Advanced Learner Loan include:
To be eligible to apply for the 19+ Advanced Learner Loan, you need to be:
- Aged 19 or over on the first day of your course (there’s no upper age limit)
- Living in the UK on the first day of your course and have lived in the UK, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man for three years immediately before this
- UK or EU National
- Studying at an approved College or training organisation in England
- Enrolling onto an eligible course at Level 3 and above which includes: full Level 3 and above qualifications which are approved for public funding. These include A-Levels, Access to HE Diplomas and other Diplomas and Certificates
F ree Loan when you complete an Access course and progress onto a Higher Education course! Providing that you complete your higher education qualification, your Advanced Learner Loan will be written off!
- You do not pay any course fees up front
- You will only have to start making repayments the April after you have completed your course and are earning over £21,000 a year (which is £404 a week or £1,750 a month). Until then you don’t need to pay back anything
- If your income drops below £21,000 – loan repayments stop
- Each month you pay back 9% of any income over £21,000. For example, if you earn £22,000 a year, your monthly repayment will be £7 a month
- You can make voluntary repayments at any time
For more information about 19+ Advanced Learner Loans and how to apply, visit Student Finance England and www.gov.uk
Get in touch today!
To discuss financial help in more detail, including the 19+ Advanced Learner Loan, speak to our Customer Service Team:
For free independent advice on financial help, visit the Money Advice Service website
Last updated: Thursday 16th March 2017
Print this page