How We Listen to the Voice of Students and Staff
Our Corporation must publish its arrangements for listening to the voices of College students and staff about what our College does, its strategic direction and its activities.
We committed to involving students in our strategic decision making and operational management processes. We firmly believe that embracing student views and offering students an opportunity to have direct involvement in assessing and shaping their own learning experience, has a significant and effective impact on increasing student success. We also believe in engaging students in the improvement of the service we provide.
Student Voice is open, honest, celebrated and clearly demonstrates that we care. It is pivotal to all quality improvement processes and built into every single thing that we do. There are a wide range of inclusive methods used to capture the Student Voice. This ensure we can consult frequently with students and respond to their constructive feedback.
The Student Voice is at the heart of our decision making and quality assurance processes. Students are consulted in many ways which include the following:
- Student/learner focus groups
- Student surveys carried out by the College
- National / external student surveys
- Student Voice tutorials across all curriculum areas across the year with feedback via termly/annual reports
- Student views ascertained during classroom observations
- Student Parliament
- Engagement with higher education students through the feedback received as part of the National Student Survey
- Feedback from students/learners feeding into the College quality assurance and review processes, including the Self-Assessment Report and the Quality Improvement Plan.
- ‘You Said, We Did’ poster campaigns
- 3 Cs - Compliments, Concerns and Complaints
- Appointment of Student Members
The Corporation has approved a Student Involvement Policy which can be found here. Link
We seek to engage with staff in a number of ways, including:
- Termly Joint Consultation Committee meetings with Trade Union representatives
- Weekly on-line briefings to staff from the Principal
- Annual Staff Survey
- Staff briefings conducted by the Principal
- The Principal’s Blog
- College Staff Focus Groups
- Appointment of Staff Members
- ‘Met the Executive’ for new starters
- Members’ links with staff
Staff and Student Members
Two staff and two student Members are elected to our Corporation and play a full part in its discussion, debate and decision making.
Last updated: Wednesday 20th December 2017
Print this page