Introducing the College Corporation
Message from Ray Linforth, Chair of the Corporation
Our College, North Warwickshire and South Leicestershire College was formed following the merger of North Warwickshire and Hinckley College and South Leicestershire College in August 2016. This merger took place after the Colleges had worked very effectively together for three years, in a federation partnership.
Our Corporation is responsible for setting the College’s strategic direction, looking after public funds by making sure they are used properly and effectively and for ensuring the College is a good and valuable local resource.
I feel very privileged, to work with our Vice-chairs, Duncan Cooper and Phoebe Edwards, and our diverse team of Members, including staff and student members as we ensure our College, attains its mission to ‘achieve success through learning’ for all our students, adult learners and apprentices. We are all passionate about education and training and the opportunities they bring.
The Corporation is determined to make a positive difference for its local communities and employers, to help 'drive up productivity and growth for our local economies' through the high quality teaching and learning experiences that we offer.
We aim to demonstrate our values:
- to respect and nurture
- to inspire and aspire
- be agile and responsive
- be honest and accountable
in everything that we do.
We are ambitious for the diversity of people living across Warwickshire, Leicestershire and beyond. We want to:
- help people develop and build good careers
- support local communities
- increase skills levels through our expertise in teaching, training, assessment and learning
- support the success of small, medium and large employers in private, public and charity sectors, across all the areas we serve.
We also want to make sure our students, staff and the community we serve, can find out what we do and what decisions we take.
It is important that you have this information because:
- we look after public funds and must show that we use those funds properly and effectively;
- the College is a local, community resource.
We hope that the information available here allows you to:
- understand what it is we do
- have confidence that the College is being run properly to the benefit of the people and communities we serve.
How to Contact Us
- have any questions,
- want to raise any issues,
- are unable to find the information you want or
- you wish to apply to join the Corporation,
please contact the Clerk to the Corporation.
In writing to:
Mrs Rachel Marshall
Clerk to the Corporation
North Warwickshire and Hinckley College
By email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
By telephone: 024 7624 3333
Last updated: Monday 17th September 2018
Print this page