Looking for a career in the Logistics or Motor Vehicle sector? Now’s the time!
Warehousing and Logistics
A Warehousing & Logistics Apprenticeship covers the storage and movement of goods and can demonstrate the essential elements of logistics and operations. Almost every organisation required some form of logistics from managing a supply chain to transporting goods and passengers to worldwide destinations.
The sector is huge in the UK and worth a staggering £55 billion to the economy. With over 1.7 million people employed in the sector by over 63,000 companies, you can rest assured that there are tonnes of career prospects in this large and expanding sector.
If you have a passion for cars, then a Motor Vehicle Apprenticeship could be for you. There are plenty of careers within the industry; from becoming a mechanic or vehicle technician to roles in manufacturing for big companies like Bentley, Ford, and Jaguar Landrover.
The UK motor industry is thriving, turning over more than £60 billion a year, building over 1.5 million cars a year – that’s a car rolling out of the production line every 20 seconds!
Here at North Warwickshire and South Leicestershire College, we have a dedicated Construction and Logistics Campus, so your time in College will be spent gaining the hands-on experience you need to become a pro in your field.
- Intermediate Apprenticeship in Driving Goods Vehicles – Vans Level 2
- Intermediate Apprenticeship in driving Goods Vehicles – Rigid Vehicles Level 2
- Intermediate Apprenticeship in Driving Goods Vehicles – Articulated/Drawbar Vehicles Level 2
- Intermediate Apprenticeship in Traffic Office Level 2
- Advanced Apprenticeship in Logistics Operations – Team Leader/ Section Supervisor Level 3
- Supply Chain Warehouse Operative Level 2
- Vehicle Maintenance and Repair – Lift Truck Level 2
- Advanced Apprenticeship in Vehicle Maintenance and Repair – Lift Truck Level 3
- Advanced Apprenticeship in Vehicle and Repair – Light Vehicle Level 3
- Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician – Light Vehicle Level 3
- Intermediate Apprenticeship in Vehicle Fitting Level 2
Apprenticeships work… hear from real Apprentices
Studying: Forklift Truck Apprenticeship Level 2
The Apprenticeship is workshop based so I’ll be fixing fork lifts, diagnosing problems, a lot of mechanical engineering.”
“The best part of the job is the diversity – it’s always different. You get to work on different models, one minute it could be a Toyota, the next a Caterpillar.”
“I was a bit sceptical before I started because I’m older and a lot of people go onto an Apprenticeship straight from school. But being older and more mature actually helped.”
To discover more, contact our Apprenticeships Team:
0116 264 3545