Apprenticeship Non-Levy Payer FAQs

Non-Levy Payer frequently asked questions

The Apprenticeship levy is a tax that will support the government’s pledge to create three million Apprenticeship starts by 2020.

  • There is no age limit for Apprentices
  • You will pay 10% of the cost. The remaining 90% will be co-invested by the Government
  • You will receive a £1000 incentive when you employ an Apprentice who is aged 16-18
  • You will receive a £1000 incentive when you employ an Apprentice who is 19-24 and has an education, health and care plan
  • There is no age limit for Apprentices
  • If you employ an Apprentice aged 16 to 18, you will be exempt from paying the 10% co-investment. Training costs will be covered by the Government providing they are within the funding cap.
  • You will receive a £1000 incentive when you employ an Apprentice who is 16-18 or an Apprentice who is 19-24 and has an education, health and care plan

If you won’t be paying into the levy, you will use this account to:

  • Search for training providers
  • Search for an assessment organisation, this will be different to your chosen provider
  • It is planned that non-levy paying employers will use the apprenticeship service to pay for Apprenticeship training and assessment
  • However, non-levy paying employers will not be able to register for an Apprenticeship Service Account until 2018

As an employer you will be able access apprenticeship delivery from a training provider on the Register of Apprenticeship Training Providers (RoATP). Our UKPRN is: 10004718

End point assessment will be delivered by a different provider.

You will be able to search for a training provider and end point assessment centre via the Apprenticeship Service Account.

LEVY PAYER FAQS

GOV.UK

APPRENTICESHIP STORIES