Paul Dancer, Strategic Lead for Technical Apprenticeships at North Warwickshire and South Leicestershire College discusses why Apprenticeships are the top training option for engineering firms:
“With an extra 130,000 people expected to be working in engineering over the next five years in the Midlands alone, (National Careers Service 2016) it is a major priority area for the region. Working with a number of small, medium and large employers, the College Group offers Apprenticeship programs designed to meet these industry demands.
The College currently offers:
- Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship in Improving Operational Performance – Engineering operations
- Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Engineering – Fabrication and Welding
- Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Engineering – Maintenance
- Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship – Mechanical Manufacturing
- Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Engineering – Technical Support
- Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Engineering – Toolmaking
- Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Engineering – Automotive
So why train staff via the Apprenticeship route?
“Apprenticeships are available to new recruits and current staff members, giving you a flexible way to train and grow your team.
“Apprentices will learn, not just job-specific skills but also how your organisation works. At the end of their programme they will be accustomed to your organisational culture and become loyal to their colleagues and the brand.”
“They are also a cost-effective way to hire new staff members. As part of our recruitment service we can complete an organisational needs analysis and design a programme to match specific training needs, including support around costs and funding available.
To find out about employing an Apprentice, contact the Business Development Team:
024 7624 3000