Have you been thinking about a career in Construction?
An Apprenticeship in Construction opens up a huge range of career options, from jobs in painting and decorating, bricklaying, craft masonry, carpentry & joinery, electrician, shop fitting, maintenance, and wood machining.
Did you know?
There are 1,817,049 employees in construction in England, and by the year 2015, a further 38,630 new recruits will be needed to fill the posts of those that retire or leave the industry. With the sector facing a skills shortage, there will be plenty of jobs available for those skilled in their trade!
We have a dedicated Construction training Centre. Located in Harrowbrook Industrial Estate, this centre is like stepping into a real life construction and logistics workplace and is home to:
- Forklift Truck training and maintenance area
- Live warehouse
- Lift Truck driver training
- Carpentry workshop
- Brickwork area
- Construction workshop, featuring work bays where you can get hands on experience in multi-skills including painting, decorating, tiling and plastering
Over at our Campus in South Wigston, we have also have a fantastic Construction facility, specialising in Brickwork, Carpentry & Joinery and Painting & Decorating. We are constantly updating the tools and materials to ensure the learners are using modern equipment and learning the latest techniques used in construction today.
The construction department also has its own on-site construction team. This gives the opportunity for learners to experience working in various scenarios outside the college.
- Intermediate Apprenticeship in Building Wood Occupations Level 2
- Advanced Apprenticeship in Wood Occupations Level 3
- Intermediate Apprenticeship in Trowel Occupations Level 2
- Advanced Apprenticeship in Trowel Occupations Level 3
- Intermediate Apprenticeship in Decorative Finishing and Industrial Painting Level 2
- Advanced Apprenticeship in Decorative Finishing Level 3
- Intermediate Apprenticeship in Fenestration (Glass Supporting Structures) Level 2
- Intermediate Apprenticeship in Fenestration (Installation) Level 2
- Intermediate Apprenticeship in Specialist Fitted Interiors Level 2
Apprenticeships work… hear from real Apprentices
Nathan Brown, Level 2 Carpentry Apprentice
“As an Apprentice, you’re getting paid to learn something. It’s not a dead-end job, it’s something that will stick with you for life so it’s a really good opportunity.”
To discover more, contact our Apprenticeships Team:
0116 264 3545