Here at North Warwickshire and South Leicestershire College we are now offering Catering Apprenticeships!
Hospitality Team Member Level 2
A hospitality team member can work in a range of establishments, including bars, restaurants, cafés, conference centres, banqueting venues, hotels or contract caterers.
There will be a strong focus on recognising customers’ needs and working as part of a team in order to meet them. As part of this programme, you’ll learn:
- Customer service principles, including customer satisfaction and meeting expectations
- Business knowledge such as achieving targets, handling payments and stock, and unique selling points
- Communicating with customers
- Personal conduct
- Team working, including leadership and supporting team members
- Specialist skills: alcoholic drinks, barista, concierge and guest, conference and events, food and drink, food production, house-keeping, reception or reservations
- Health and safety law, standards and regulations relevant to hospitality
Commis Chef Level 2
This Apprenticeship is ideal for those beginning their career in the hospitality industry. You will prepare food and carry out basic cooking tasks under the supervision of a more senior chef, gaining experience in each section of the kitchen.
What you’ll learn
- Principles of basic food preparation and cooking
- Food safety standards, practices and procedures, and personal hygiene standards
- Stock checks, stock control and waste management
- Setting up, preparing and cleaning their working environment
- Identifying commonly used knives and equipment and their specific uses
- Team working and developing working relationships
Why study a catering apprenticeship?
Apprenticeships serve as an ideal training opportunity for the hospitality industry. By learning on the job, you will quickly learn how to work under pressure whilst producing a high standard of work and/or delivering quality customer service.
To discover more, contact our Apprenticeships Team: